Our favorite groomers, vets emergency vets, pet photographers and more in Los Angeles, CA
As a pet owner, finding reliable and trustworthy pet care services is crucial. Your dog (or cat) is a member of your family, and you want to ensure they receive the best care possible. Whether it’s grooming, routine check-ups, or emergency situations, it’s important to have a go-to list of trusted local pet care services.
Los Angeles is huge city, I have included a few favorites in each category and I hope a few of these are nearby you.
Here is a list of the best local pet care services in Los Angeles.
Professional groomer offers a variety of services, including haircuts, baths, nail trims, and more. A good groomers staff is highly trained and has a genuine love for animals, making each visit to their salon a pleasant experience for your pet.
- R&G Pet Spa – Pasadena, CA. This is where my own dogs go, so that says something. Note, they often have a LONG waiting list so call first before you get your hopes up and see if they are accepting new additions to the waiting list. R&G pet spa will also do cats! They don’t crate our dogs, are amazing at grooming and best of all love love love our dogs.
- Blue Pooch – West Los Angeles, CA. Blue pooch has two locations and is a family-run business. I love their doodle cuts and many of my doodle clients go to them; they do fantastic on other breeds too. I highly recommend them.
- Jess Rona – Hollywood, CA. I love Jess Ronas work, I think if you’ve seen it, then it speaks for itself.. it’s basically art. With that skill comes a price and probably a longwait to get in. But 3 cheers for this magical team.
- Dogue – West Hollywood, CA. Josh White was on The Pack on Amazon Prime with me. He’s a fantastic groomer that loves what he does and does a fantastic job on all breeds of dogs. Highly recommend.
- SPA Dog – West Hollywood/Beverly Hills, CA – mobile groomer. Steve Ogden is a gem, he’s amazing at grooming, his cuts are clean and perfect and best of all it can be done at your own home.
A veterinarian offers comprehensive medical care for your pet, including routine check-ups, vaccinations, and surgical procedures. They have a state-of-the-art facility and are equipped to handle even the most complex cases. I look for in a facility that the staff is friendly, knowledgeable/educated, hopefully fear-free, open to holistic approaches, the vets are still continuing their education and always puts your pet’s well-being first.
- South Paw LA – Sherman Oaks, CA. I’m hard pressed to put anyone else on this list because I think so highly of South Paw. SouthPaw vets are Fear Free Certified which is huge to me as a Fear Free trainer, watch our video below to really see why Fear Free is worth the drive from anywhere in LA! And personally know these vets I can say I would drive far to go see them. This vet practice is women run and is so beyond amazing. Wondering their prices? Most prices are even listed on the website (psst they are super reasonable)
- Dr. Palmquist at Centinela Animal hospital. Inglewood, CA. Dr. Palmquist is an amazing holistic vet. I highly recommend looking into holistic vet care and you can’t go wrong with Dr.Palmquist.
- Modern Animal – Veterinary chain. I personally haven’t gone here but have a few clients that have. Modern animal is perfect for some pet owners and not for others. You pay a flat fee for all your vet exams, have a question? No problem! Come on in, you already paid for it. They also offer chat support and other features. It’s very tech and mobile friendly, make appointments, ask questions and more all through their app. Need to get on the phone and speak to someone? Modern animal probably won’t be for you.
- Dr.Strickland (Chiropractor)– Pasadena, CA. This is our favorite chiropractor and we absolutely love him. He does an incredible job on my dogs and my friends dogs. I see a massive change in my dogs after a visit to Dr.Strickland and would recommend all dogs of any age to see him.
Los Angeles Concierge Home Veterinarians
A concierge home veterinarian is a type of veterinary service that provides in-home medical care for pets. Unlike traditional veterinary clinics, where pet owners bring their pets in for appointments, a concierge home veterinarian comes to the pet owner’s home to provide medical care. This type of service is particularly useful for pet owners who have mobility issues, multiple pets, or pets that are particularly anxious or stressed in a clinical setting.
The services provided by a concierge home veterinarian may include routine check-ups, vaccinations, and even diagnostic testing. They bring all the necessary equipment and supplies to the pet owner’s home, making it a convenient and stress-free experience for both the pet and the owner.
Both of these vets I use and trust with my own dogs, and well that says all you need. I suggest reading their websites and see who would be the best fit for you and your dog.
Emergency vet practices
When your pet is in need of urgent care, this emergency veterinary clinic is available 24/7. Their experienced team provides high-quality, compassionate care in the most critical of situations. They have the latest technology and equipment to diagnose and treat your pet quickly and effectively. Is suggest looking these up now – seeing if they are near you so when an emergency occurs you know where to go.
- MASH -Hollywood, CA I luckily haven’t needed to go here but I know many vets I know have specialty vets that work here that they trust – and that says a lot. MASH has a lot of amazing specialist on board. MASH sees a lot of critical care emergency cases because of this if you have a smaller emergency you may have a long wait.
- Animal Urgent Care – Burbank, CA . This is a great option for emergency care that won’t have the wait that MASH will have, they have amazing vets and I know friends whose pets have been treated so wonderfully here.
- LAASER – North Hollywood, CA. LAASER is a 24/7 emergency vet that also has specialty vets for things like nutrition, rehab, dentistry and more. We came here for a dog that we love dearly and the ER team was able to diagnose a hard to diagnose issue and get her better again.
- Dr.David Feldman – Santa Monica, CA. Board-certified internal medicine specialist. I have a friend that worked here and has raved about the care and expertise from Dr. I ended up recommending him to my best friend who saw multiple vets for her dogs flare up’s and this vet she can’t say enough things about and has helped her dog by far the most.
Los Angeles Dog Photographers
I’m a huge fan of photos, from beautiful staged photos on a background to moments captured of us in nature. I love looking back on the photos, having them on my wall and they bring me so so much joy everytime I see them.
- Sarah Deremer Dogtographer – Sarah is a good friend of mine that takes absolutely beautiful photos. In Los Angeles, CA but Sarah will easily travel all over to help you get the photos you need. She also does wonderful mini-sessions around the holidays if you’re looking to spend less. Look below to see a few of our favorites!
- Brandy Yi Photography – Hands down my favorite horse photographers in LA. But Brandy does everything from children (kids LOVE Brandy), to families, to dogs and they are all stunning!! She plans super fun sessions too – want a unicorn, a horse or a bunny? She will bring you one. She has taken some of my favorite photos that I cherish. Look below to see a few!
Finding the right pet care services is essential for the health and well-being of your pet. Whether you need routine check-ups, grooming, or emergency care, the above-mentioned pet care services are some of the best in Los Angeles. Make sure to choose the best one for your pet’s needs, sometimes it takes going to a few places to find that perfect fit but it’s worth it.